The Church Avenue Church of God had its humble beginning way back in 1984. The passion to do God’s work originated in the apartments of Sister Theodora Roberts and Sister Agnes Aban, both of whom remain faithful and active members today. In 1985, the church was established as a mission on Rogers Avenue in Brooklyn, New York with Reverend Isaac Mitchell as the pastor. Twenty nine years later that once small group of believers has outgrown their present place of worship, which has led to the present ongoing construction of a new worship facility. That new worship facility would create more ministry opportunities for members as well as more social services to the community. Over the many years we have been meeting not just the spiritual needs of our constituents, but also their physical, emotional and social. We are actively pursuing God’s purposes for our lives, and are strategically reaching our community through acts of kindness, prayers and friendship. It is also our responsibility to help transform people from being guests to becoming vibrant members and ministers of Jesus Christ. We invite you to come, see, hear and experience what God is doing!
To Exalt the Lord (Worship), to Win Others to Christ (Evangelism), to Build them up (Maturity), to Give them a place to Serve (Ministry) in an atmosphere of Love and Compassion (Fellowship).
It is that every Member be truly God-fearing, People-caring, Resource-sharing and Mission-daring so as to produce a Healthy, Growing, Vibrant and Balanced Church.
S peak the truth and share our heart with love
E ncourage each other to grow Spiritually, Educationally, Financially, etc
R each In to help those in need
V isualize goals, plan and achieve them through faith and works
I nvite others to church and Invest our time, talents and treasure in the ministry
C onnect to our community
E xcellence, a priority of Kingdom Servants
- In the verbal inspiration of the bible
- In one God eternally existing in three persons, namely, the Father, Son and Holy Ghost
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten song of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, and buried and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the intercessor
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all, and is necessary for forgiveness of sins
- That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus
- Holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people
- In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ, through the Word, and the Holy Ghost
- In the baptism of the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart
- In Speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost
- Devine healing is provided for all in the atonement
- In the Lord’s super and the washing of the saints feet
- In the pre-millennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to meet Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years
- In the bodily resurrection, eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked
Through Prayer: Church Avenue Church of God believes in the power of prayer and that prayer makes a critical difference in all that we would attempt to achieve.
WE MUST BE A HOUSE OF PRAYER