Church avenue men exist to glorify God by living a holy life, reaching men with the gospel of Jesus Christ building them up and giving them a place to serve in the body of Christ.
Our vision is to be strong in the lord and in the power of his might by putting on the whole armor of God and to stand committed in integrity and accountable to our home, church and community.
- We live by the word of God
- We serve God by serving others
- We worship God with all that we have
- Our relationship to each other reflect love and unity
- Prayer is our first weapon of defense
- We strive for the high calling of God pleasing him in all our ways through faith
- We walk by faith and not by sight
- We are men that are committed to the work of God doing his will, serving in the body of Christ and building the kingdom together
Our weekly Tuesday meeting is from 8pm to 10pm. We begin with consecration: pray for 30 minutes, then worship, praise and exhortation for 45 minutes, followed by discussions on life issues and how it relates to the word of God. We are also a singing ministry, a compassionate ministry, servant ministry, a Sunday school ministry, outreach ministry (that meet the need of men) and an evangelistic ministry. Bible study and prayer is rooted well into every meeting. Fellowship keeps us energized as we meet and eat. We work hand in hand with our pastor and the entire church body to build up the kingdom of God.
I want to take this opportunity to invite you to come and join us in fellowship and to be a partner with us in this great journey of purpose towards the calling of God.
Deacon Kenneth Dowden – President
Bro. Terry Baptiste – Vice President
Bro. Simon Ogiste – Secretary/Treasurer